PancakeSwap, is the leading DEX on Binance Smart Chain (BSC). PancakeSwap enables users to swap between cryptocurrency assets by tapping into user-generated liquidity pools.
Step 1: Set up your MetaMask wallet
Download and create a wallet that interacts with smart contracts. We recommend MetaMask as a Wallet, that’s why all along the tutorial we will use it but there are other.
If you already have a wallet created, you can proceed to the next step, if not you must create one.
We recommend this article which explains very well how to create a Wallet on MetaMask.
Step 2 : Add Binance Smart Chain to your wallet
The next step is to add the Binance smart chain to your wallet.
By default, Metamask wallets link to the Ethereum Mainnet. Navigate to the top of your wallet where your thumbnail is located to find the settings button. Click “networks” and “add network”.
Next, you’ll need to input the correct values for the Binance Smart Chain, seen below:
If you are still having trouble we recommend the official Binance Academy article on how to connect the Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask in this guide.
Now that you’ve added the Binance Smart Chain to your metamask, you are able to send BNB to your wallet.
Step 3: Purchasing BNB to fund your wallet
The fastest way to buy BNB is directly from Binance. If you have never purchased BNB from Binance before, follow the steps in this guide.
When you have purchased your bnb from Binance you can send your bnb to your MetaMask wallet. If you don’t know how to do this we recommend this official article from Binance on how to make a withdrawal.
Step 4: Buy on PancakeSwap
1. Go to the exchange page here.
2. Connect your Binance Smart Chain-compatible wallet by clicking Connect Wallet.
3. Choose the token you want to trade from the dropdown menu in the “From” section. The default setting is BNB.
Whichever token you choose, you will need to make sure you have some to trade with. Your balance is shown above the token dropdown menu.
4. Choose the token you want to trade to in the “To” section as above. You can also write his name to find him more easily or put his address contract what we recommend you the most.
5. Next, type an amount for your “To” currency by clicking inside the input box.
Your “From” currency amount will be estimated automatically. You can also type your “From” amount and have the “To” amount estimate automatically if you like.
6. Before finalizing your swap you can go to the settings and check if everything is good
6. Check the details, and click the Swap button.
7. A window with more details will appear. Check the details are correct.
When you are ready, click the Confirm Swap button. Your wallet will ask you to confirm the action.
8. Done! You can click View on BscScan to see your transaction details on the explorer.